When buying a home, the question of how the living space will be heated is often not given due importance. However, to create a truly comfortable environment, this is extremely important. Installation of autonomous heating is associated with certain costs, but will avoid a number of difficulties. First you need to find out what are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution.
What it is?
Autonomous heating is a closed heating system, which is designed for an apartment or a house. As a thermal installation, a gas or electric boiler can be used.
The first option is the most popular. For its operation, a water system is carried out in which batteries are installed. Sometimes tenants additionally connect a “warm floor”, heating the entire area of the room. In this case, the batteries can be omitted. This approach is considered more practical and comfortable, as the heat rises from the bottom up.
The option with an electric boiler is not so common, but is actively developing. The radiators themselves are mounted heating elements. In this case, there is no need to install a large number of pipes. Electric heating systems, convectors, as well as improved designs of radiators are very popular.
First of all, it is necessary to determine what the family needs for heat. For example, if there are small children and elderly people, then the issue of autonomous heat control is especially acute. The main advantages of this approach include the following:
- The heating season begins when the tenants themselves decide. This can be done even in summer, which is important for heating a children's room on especially cold days.
- The temperature regime is fully controlled by the residents. For example, during a temporary departure, it can be set to a minimum, which can significantly save, but maintain a certain thermal regime in the room. According to experts, the temperature should not fall below 13 ° C.
- Constant availability of hot water.
In the latter case, cost savings are not achieved immediately, since initially you need to invest a certain amount. She will begin to pay for herself only after a while. The cost of heating the apartment will still be significantly lower when compared with the payment of central heating services.
The heating layout itself can be adjusted at the installation stage. For example, if you install not radiators, but a “warm floor” system, then the level of comfort and efficiency will increase significantly. This is especially true if the apartment is on the ground floor and the family has small children who like to play on the floor.
Difficulties are mainly related to obtaining all the necessary documents. The following points are also worth noting:
- Significant costs for the purchase and installation of a heating system. We will have to invite specialists of the relevant services. Their work is paid separately.
- During installation, you will have to violate the integrity of the partitions, as well as the flooring. To bring these elements to their original form, additional costs are required.
- The need for regular maintenance.
The disadvantages are mainly associated with high financial costs, and the advantages are based on maximum comfort of use. Given these points, you can make an informed decision.