A lot of money is invested in furniture, so you need to choose the right furniture so that it lasts a long time.
Furniture is divided into two large groups - these are:
- Wooden furniture is those furniture products that are made of wood material (cabinets, tables, chairs);
- Upholstered furniture is a product containing soft elements (sofas, armchairs).
All wooden furniture products have the following characteristics:
- Naturalness - basically all furniture products are made from natural, natural tree species;
- Modularity - some models of furniture products consist of components that complement each other;
- Solid types of trees can be used, these include oak, ash, maple, birch. Products from these tree species do not need additional tinting, since the structure of the wood is natural and beautiful in nature;
- Softwood includes pine and cedar. Such tree species are prone to scratches and do not have a beautiful wood texture. Products made from such material are economical options;
- Furniture sets are sold, that is, all furniture corresponds to a monophonic design solution and is intended for use in certain rooms;
- Applied decorative wood.
- It uses wood bonded together and is five layers or more, it is more durable than other materials. A veneer that does not crack is used.
Consider the basic design of furniture products:
1) The boxes have joints on which plywood is attached as a bottom, and side walls are installed. Partitions are provided between the drawers, which are necessary to prevent dust from entering. The inside of the drawers should be smooth.
2) To create the sides of the cabinet, an array of wood, plywood, which are covered with natural wood veneer, is very popular. Typically, the sides are at least 5 mm thick and the back walls are at least 3 mm thick.
3) Some models of chests of drawers can be equipped with lights. Switches should be located in accessible places.
4) Each cabinet, drawer, is equipped with handles and holders. All items should be smooth and easy to remove. They are made from solid brass.
5) The backs of all quality products are fixed with screws, which should extend the life of the furniture.
6) Doors of furniture products with ease, without obstacles should open and close. Also, they should be located on the same level with the frame, and there should be no spaces in the design.
7) For stability, the design of the table includes the corner blocks necessary for the countertop to rest on it. Using strong bolts, the legs are attached to the frame. Basically, countertops are made of solid wood or veneered multilayer plywood. With the constant use of furniture, it is recommended to choose tables with a plastic and laminated surface. All components must be firmly and securely attached. Sliding tables should slide apart smoothly without interference.
8) At the corners in the design of the chairs are diagonal blocks that are fastened with bolts, thereby making the design reliable.
Today, furniture decoration is very popular. There are four main varieties of finishes:
When choosing a finish, you need to pay attention to that finish that has no stripes and is smooth. It is necessary to pay attention to the details that are located at the joints. Each structural element must be properly fitted.
When buying material for decoration, you need to pay attention to the label on which the type for the wood used and the care instructions will be indicated. When buying chairs, you need to pay attention to their strength and comfort. They should not creak and stagger.
Any furniture products should be strong and strong and should not stagger. It is necessary to check all components, moving elements and devices. The process of furniture should be smooth and easy.