Slate is a fairly common and sought-after type of building material in our time. Roofs are blocked with this building material, fences and partitions are installed, and besides, it has excellent technical qualities. There are several types of slate:
- Asbestine - the one to which we are accustomed from the time of the Soviet Union;
- Euro slate or ondulin (named after one of the manufacturers).
The most common slate is made from impurities of cement, asbestos and water. The material itself is quite simple and has nothing specific. But if you study all its indicators, then the result will not be the best characteristics.
It is inexpensive, by its properties it is able to withstand high temperatures, behaves calmly during machining and is able to last for many years. But, in developed countries, they have long abandoned the production of this material. The reason for everything is its unhealthy elements contained in asbestos itself. When this material crumbles, harmful substances that can cause various diseases of the respiratory tract get into the lungs. In addition, asbestos slate is too heavy and very fragile, which greatly complicates the construction process during roofing.
It is best to use ondulin. This is a fairly convenient and lightweight material, made according to the principle of the old slate and having the same wavy shape. The composition of the euro-slate includes bitumen, cellulose and glass reinforcing fibers. In preparing this material, the manufacturer took into account all the advantages of asbestos slate, and tried to introduce them into a new product.
Euro slate of absolutely any company has identical characteristics and is inherent in:
- The ease due to which construction work is much easier and installation during roofing and other installation work can be carried out alone. It is also worth noting the ease of transportation of the material;
- Plastic. This material can be easily cut with a saw and other cutting tools. Also, due to its flexibility, ondulin can take a convenient form in hard-to-reach areas;
- Ondulin is not at all corroded and does not tend to rot;
- Euroslate has a long service life, it can withstand for fifty years;
- The material of ondulin is environmentally friendly and does not cause any harm to health.
- This material has a rather low price category.