When choosing a heating system, home owners are usually divided into two camps: some are supporters of the usual fuel in the form of coal and firewood, considering gas too dangerous, others are eyeing a gas-fired autonomous boiler, which has a lot of advantages. Everyone is right in his own way. In addition, you need to know in which case a gas boiler will be really profitable and safe.
Why do some refuse gas boilers:
- Not everyone can technically use this unit, since before installation it is necessary to obtain permits: technical conditions for connection to the gas main, gasification project, permission of Rostekhnadzor, plus all this should be agreed in Gorgaz. It is costly in terms of money and strength, and in time it can take 3-6 months.
- The need for timely diagnosis of hoses and joints. To be safe about safety, leakage must be carefully prevented.
- A gas boiler requires a room that must meet the following requirements:
- Dry non-residential room;
- The presence of full walls and doors;
- The volume is not less than 8 cubic meters;
- The flow of oxygen and the chimney.
- It is strongly recommended that you purchase an automatic control unit that will monitor the smooth functioning of the system. It includes: thermostats, valves, controllers, special fittings, maximum and minimum pressure switches.
Good reasons for acquiring a gas boiler
Like any fuel boiler, a gas boiler is completely autonomous, and the presence of heat in the house will not depend on the state of the common highways. True, unlike their counterparts requiring coal and firewood, a gas boiler is cheaper in terms of fuel consumption. A simple interface allows anyone to quickly understand the controls. The use of this unit in fact does not require any special knowledge. His work has less waste, but more benefit. As you work out, only carbon dioxide will go into the chimney, so you can forget about cleaning the chimney from soot. But the average efficiency of gas boilers as much as 90%.
In addition, a gas boiler can last up to 20 years. It is only necessary not to skimp on the unit initially and purchase fuel for it from reliable sellers. Also, the uninterrupted supply of electricity will extend the life of the boiler, which can be achieved by purchasing an uninterruptible power supply system on-line.
The boiler itself takes about the same amount of space as a washing machine plus an area for cylinders or a gas holder. For a private house for a heating system, you can save space by digging in a gas tank.
Given the advantages and disadvantages, it must be said that the initial cash outlay and the time required for paperwork will more than pay off in the long run with proper use and timely diagnosis.