When carrying out repair work in the room, the question often arises about screed. This is an important detail, since the quality of the screed largely determines how the floor will look in a particular room.
Not so long ago, leveling the floor with a screed took place using materials such as cement and sand.
Today, this option is also used quite often, but besides it there are many other techniques and materials that allow you to make a perfectly flat surface.
That is why people who decide to make repairs should find out as much information as possible about how to make a modern floor screed.
In this case, one of the most popular methods of leveling the floor now is the use of ready-made mixtures of different types. It is about them that will be discussed in this article.
Why pre-mixes are so effective
Many people, having heard about ready-made mixtures, are wondering why to overpay, and not to make a screed in a proven way on their own.
The answer to this question will be the enumeration of the many positive qualities of ready-made screed mixes. Among the main advantages of this option should be highlighted:
- So, working with the finished mixture is much easier, since the master does not have to dose the ingredients on his own. All that is required of him is to add a suitable amount of water and the mixture is ready.
- Now, apartment owners do not have to rack their brains in the search for sand and cement. Moreover, if the latter is easy enough to buy, then there may be problems with the sand. Roma, he weighs a lot and bring it into the house is not an easy task.
- Also, the second plus of the lower weight of the finished screed is that it will not exert such pressure on the floor as the cement composition.
- To work with ready-made mixtures, you do not need a special tool in the form of a mixer or concrete mixer. The mixture can be mixed with a drill, or even manually, it all depends on the quantity.
- Technologically, a cement screed cannot be less than 30mm high. But the mixture allows you to make a surface height, which is only 5mm.
- Ready mixes incorporate special additives that not only make the screed stronger, but also significantly accelerate the drying process.
- Now on the market there are a large number of different mixtures, and therefore the owners of the room have the opportunity to choose exactly the material that best suits their home.
How to choose a mixture
The choice of mixture is an important stage in the preparatory work. First of all, it should be made of quality ingredients, since only this will, in the end, get a good coating.
You need to buy material only from trusted sellers, since there are quite a lot of fakes on the market now.
In addition, choosing a mixture for a particular room, you need to understand what height the screed is needed and also take the calculation of the properties of the room itself.
Therefore, before choosing a material for screed, answer the following questions, what is the size of the room, its humidity and how effective ventilation is here.
And how do you determine what material to make the floor leveling screed? Share your experience in the comments.