Over time, wood of absolutely any quality wears out, this is a problem of time. However, you should not immediately panic and run to the store for a new flooring, you can first fix everything with your own hands, namely, loop the flooring. Materials and equipment in this case will cost several times cheaper, right now we will figure out how, where and when to cycle. Enjoy reading!
What damage cannot be repaired?
It happens that parquet is spoiled forever. Such damage includes:
- woodworker beetle work;
- slats that have swelled after flooding;
- areas with serious damage;
- the presence of fungus or mold.
You will need (one of three) : a manual cycle (the tool consists of a handle and a narrow blade), a grinder with which you can speed up the process, or a grinder. The process of removing the coating with a grinding machine will not be so complicated, you can handle it much faster. You can rent a grinder for one or several days, so your wallet will not suffer.
Features of manual floor scooping
This process is quite time-consuming, but almost silent. If you are going to work in cycles, we recommend that you purchase the tool in special stores. If possible, choose a tool with a short and wide handle.
- Moisten the floor with water.
- Wear a respiratory mask that will protect you from flying sawdust and pieces of parquet.
- Visually divide the floor into strips or small sections, it will be easier to work.
- Cycles usually start from the center and move towards the wall.
- The top layer is removed first along the fibers, and then across. Be sure to remove even layers so that there are no bumps.
- After cleaning, the parquet is ground using a sandpaper grater.