Often, after installing the door, a nuisance occurs in the form of grazing the sills when opening the door. This flaw should be fixed urgently, as not only the appearance of the door but also the spoil itself is spoiled, causing inconvenience and discomfort to the owners. To solve this problem, the following tricks are used.
- The first method will require a planer, pencil and ruler. Before removing the door from the hinges, you should inspect the lower part above the floor. Between the threshold and the door itself there should be a small clearance of 5-10 mm, if it is not there, then you should visually assess the distance and draw a mark with a pencil so that when cutting off part of the surface, the desired gap will form. After that, the door is removed, and a piece is cut along the intended line with a planer, after which the door is hung back.
- Having even a slight idea of the structure of the door structure, you can use the following method. The whole mechanism is made up of the leaf (leaf) and the door frame. Any deviation and error in the installation of the door frame may affect the correct opening of the door. If this happens, this means one that one of the fasteners of the beam will be tightened and affects the skew and departure from the level. To remedy the situation, you should remove the door from the hinges, take the level, pull all sides of the box under it and pull it again. Then install the door.
- It is also worth paying attention to the installation of loops. It is their adjustment that can affect the skew of the canvas. Sometimes it’s enough just to twist the screws a little deeper, and the problem is solved, but this method does not always work.
- Unscrewing the nut will also help twisting the loops and finalizing the openings under them. This will help grinding or a chisel. Indeed, this also happens, the hinges are mounted incorrectly, removing them from the central part of the door, for this you should simply transfer them a little closer to the canvas of the facade.
- The door can also be lifted using washers placed under a pin screwed into the lower hinge, but this work should be entrusted to a professional to avoid even more skewing in total.
The installation of doors is best entrusted to specialists in order to avoid problems. But if it happened that I had to put my own strength into the installation, then the simplest and most effective way is to file the bottom of the canvas.