It would seem that replacing a lamp in a chandelier / lamp is nothing simpler. However, sometimes certain problems arise, for example, if the bulb bursts and its base remains in the cartridge. It also often happens that the base simply sticks to the metal elements of the cartridge due to overvoltage or its jumps (drops). Thus, when you try to unscrew the lamp, its glass part can easily fall off.
There are several effective ways to solve this problem. However, before you do something - do not ignore the main rule of working with electricity. Be sure to turn off its power supply directly in the switchboard by turning off the machine (or unscrewing the plugs)! 5 best options - how to get a base from a cartridge.
This is the most common method of extracting the cap from the cartridge. To do this, you will need pliers (thin-nose pliers, round-nose pliers or their analogues). This tool has thin “lips” that easily capture the flat edges of the metal part from the light bulb.
- If the edge of the cap is deepened into the cartridge, then first bend one or two sections with a flat screwdriver.
- Next, grab the base with a tool and slowly unscrew it out. At the same time, hold the lamp shade with your other hand so that it does not come off. It is very important to do everything carefully, as it is possible to damage the inner circumference and thread in particular of the cartridge itself, which will render it unusable.
If you cannot get hold of the pliers over the edges of the plinth, use one more tip. Insert the tool inside the cap, push the movable tongs all the way into the walls. And unscrew the base.
If you don’t have pliers on hand, and you urgently need to unscrew the cap remaining in the cartridge from the light bulb, do not despair.
- Take any plastic bottle (everyone has the same neck).
- Unscrew the lid and warm the neck with a lighter / candle until the plastic begins to melt.
- Insert a hot neck inside the cap and wait a bit until the plastic cools.
Then simply unscrew the metal element from the cartridge.
A very old, but very effective trick of housewives is to get the lamp base from the cartridge. It is especially good to use when there are pieces of glass left in it.
- Cut raw large potato in half.
- Gently press one half of the cut side of the vegetable to the rest of the bulb. The sharp edges of the glass are stuck in the potato.
Twist slowly and remove the cap from the cartridge.
This method is suitable only for carbolite collapsible cartridges.
- Unscrew the cartridge.
- The shirt (sleeve) will be unscrewed with the stuck base.
- If the base is stuck, use a flat-blade screwdriver to twist it to slightly bend the edge.
Next, unscrew the base directly with pliers and assemble the cartridge in its original position.
A cork made from wine / champagne is perfect here.
- If the plug is larger in diameter than the inner circumference of the cap, then cut off the excess with a sharp knife.
- Insert the plug firmly into the steel element.
Then just unscrew it.
As you can see, to unscrew the cap stuck in the cartridge from the lamp, the problem is quite easily solved. Therefore there is no need to panic. Using these tips, you can easily deal with the problem in a matter of minutes!