At one fine time, you can find an unpleasant picture on the wall. The plaster crumbles, and the wall surface has an untidy and unsuitable appearance for laying tiles.
The situation may arise due to the saving of cement during construction. Tiles can come off at any time, the plaster turns into sand.
It is impossible to use the wall for construction in such a situation, so it needs to be restored. Be sure to plaster before laying the tiles.
The plastered surface has the properties of increased strength, the wall is prepared to apply any material.
Strength is increased by 30 percent. After the tile is laid. Plaster levels the surface, it becomes smooth, without damage and rough elements.
If shedding is strong, then you only have to change and apply a new composition. Sometimes it is pre-coated with a primer, putty.
These mixtures do not give a guarantee of strength, they only visibly hide defects. If the wall is showered in places, then it is necessary to prime with a deep penetration agent.
Reasons for shedding plaster
Covering the wall with cement-sand plaster, which flies around and requires attention. Old putty will require replacement.
If a mixture lacks an element, then the plaster is fragile. To restore the surface, you need to cover with a new layer of high-quality mixture.
Sealing holes on the wall from crumbling putty
Flaking the mixture from the wall to the thickness of the coating layer is checked by running a hand over it.
If the shedding is deep, then large holes will appear. In this case, repair work will require puttying. If there is no serious damage, then a primer will need to be applied.
Perhaps the use of concrete contact. Primers may not be enough to level, so a more dense and adhesive agent is used.
Cardinal method in plastering surfaces
In an apartment where all walls and ceiling space are plastered, there is a problem of shedding, it requires a radical solution. Perhaps the technical conditions were violated, the temperature regime affects the speed of damage.
The plaster is mixed with a primer and applied to the walls. Putty will have to re-cover the walls. After all the steps, the tiles are laid.
High-quality surface treatment will give confidence in the durability of the coating. Shedding will not threaten.
Professional work is done wisely:
- Preparation of mortar for plaster;
- The quality of the composition.
- The coating solution must comply with technical standards. Consistency is made according to the recommendations. If there is no knowledge in the application of plaster, then you need to contact the professionals. Competent work will positively affect the result. Minimum costs will be respected if carried out alternately, observing the stages of the process.
- Different composition will affect the quality. The service life will depend on the product used. The quality is exerted by water, fillers and binders. Without cement and clay, strength will not be achieved.
The application surface will affect the choice of composition. Viscosity is provided by elements. Plasticity and convenient application are important points and are taken into account when preparing the solution.
Beginners should know the rules of surface preparation:
- Professional advice;
- Stages of plastering;
- The process requires compliance with the rules.
- If there is no confidence in the correct application, then you need to do the work with the help of professional masters. Defects should disappear, the surface should be leveled. The solution is prepared taking into account all the rules.
- Plastering occurs in several stages. To prevent moisture from entering the wall cracks, you need to make a protective coating. Then the next layer is applied. The wall is scraped from the old plaster using a metal brush. The primer mixture is applied in two layers. Stains are washed off with water, drying takes 2 hours. In case of major damage, the mixture is applied again, the layer thickness can reach up to 30 mm. The powder dissolves in water and is worn on the wall, the layer should not be deep.
- The first layer gives alignment, the second after 2 hours is applied to the wall. After that, the wall should dry for two days. The paint should have the functions of a dispersion silicate base. The paint is dissolved in water so that the coating is even, one part of the coloring pigment is taken and added to 10 liters of water. Hard-to-reach spots are painted over with a spray or roller; the surface is painted at the same time. In this case, there will be no divorces.
Old plaster to be removed. If there are normal sites, they are left. With a primer, they pass so that there is no continuation of shedding. An impregnating agent may be used.
In the absence of a primer, a mixture of PVA glue is taken. When diluted, it is made with the consistency of milk. The roller rolls the surface several times.
Puttying with plaster is the next step. Wall polishing is carried out by the master, a primer is made.
The solution has specific properties.
Lime and sand are taken to make the mixture. A lime mixture is added to the container, then filled with water. Sand will give the effect of density. Cement is used of a good brand, a funnel is made of sand. A small amount of water is added to it.
If the wall under the tile crumbles, then urgent need to complete the finishing work to fill the cracks and level the surface. Nothing complicated, but the rules must be followed.
If the wall crumbles, the plaster is of poor quality and requires replacement with a new coating, what should I do? Write your opinion in the comments.