Sooner or later, a person asks how to insulate windows for the winter. With PVC products, there is only one answer - replacing the sealing tape. As for wooden structures, there are several options. This article describes the benefits of thermal insulation technology that came to Russia from Sweden.
Technologies for insulation of wooden windows
Any way to eliminate deficiencies involves their identification and preparation of the basis. The latter includes getting rid of dirt, poorly adhering coatings and degreasing the base. This is a necessary minimum.
The problems that need to be solved, as a rule, are cracks, gaps and cracks in the frames or loose fit of glass to structural elements. You can deal with it only with the help of hermetic compounds and glazing beads.
As for the frames themselves, the centuries-old history has revealed several effective ways:
- Annual film cover. It is selected in accordance with fluctuations in air temperature and fixed to the surface on the staples using a construction stapler or by gluing to tape.
- Every year, all joints are filled with foam rubber or synthetic winterizer, and on top they are sealed with paper or fabric tapes using PVA, paste or soapy water.
- Use various sealants or heated paraffin to locally eliminate minor defects. The main thing is to eliminate surpluses in time, as these materials quickly gain strength.
- Various sealing materials are glued around the perimeter of the frame;
- Insulate windows using Swedish technology:
- with the help of a milling cutter, the specified parameters are grooved along the entire perimeter of the sash;
- a seal of a certain configuration is inserted into the recess.
Benefits of Swedish Technology
If we compare the above methods of warming wooden windows, then the Swedes approached the issue with a clear advantage than our compatriots. It consists in the following:
- windows can be fully used all year round;
- the original sealing strip Eurostrip serves 10-15 years, which exceeds the durability indicators of any of the above materials;
- the application of this technology does not apply to visible sections of the window;
- the insulation procedure takes several hours;
- if you order masters, then in winter they cover the window opening with special canvases. In addition, they can optionally replace the window fittings and adjust everything. As a rule, the guarantee for all work extends for up to 3 years;
- In addition to insulation, the result is sound insulation and the complete absence of drafts.
Based on the written conclusion suggests itself. In order not to prepare wooden windows for each winter season, you can replace them with metal-plastic or insulate existing ones using Swedish technology. The result will not be inferior to PVC and will cost several times cheaper.
Based on the above facts, does your opinion coincide with the conclusion indicated in the article?