Embossed tile is a material that is equally used in the bathroom, in the kitchen, as well as in living quarters, and for exterior decoration of a house. The tile has a voluminous beautiful pattern, which is why designers like to use it for decoration in a particular style. Tiles can be ceramic and porcelain.
Types of Tiles
Embossed tiles can imitate various materials, such as:
- A natural stone;
- Stucco molding.
Various plants or animals, ornaments or geometric patterns can be depicted on a tile, sometimes there is a tile with a 3-D effect, glossy or matte by the type of surface.
Of course, when you look at the walls decorated with such tiles, there is a desire to decorate your home as beautifully. But before you run to the store, you need to weigh all the advantages and disadvantages of embossed tiles. Otherwise, after installation, you may encounter a number of undesirable problems.
Among the advantages of this type of tile are:
- Convenience - now factory tiles are produced identical in every batch, it is easy and simple to lay. Under it, you can hide minor irregularities and wall drops.
- Aesthetics - with the help of embossed tiles, the interior is perfectly transformed, the room acquires a unique and refined style.
- Strength - thanks to several stages of firing, the tile is solid in structure, resistant to moisture and temperature fluctuations.
- A variety of choices - on the market now you can choose from a large number of colors and textures. It’s easy to pick up tiles for floors, walls or facades.
But there are also significant disadvantages that can affect the decision to purchase a relief tile:
- Price - the main disadvantage of such tiles is the price. Quality material is quite expensive. And it’s better not to consider cheap options, as they will not meet the required properties.
- The complexity of cutting - to achieve a pattern matching when cutting tiles - is a task that only professional craftsmen can solve. For beginners, this will be a very big minus.
- Difficulty in leaving - it is very difficult to clean the terrain from stains and dirt due to depressions and irregularities. A washing vacuum cleaner with nozzles will help in this.
If, nevertheless, the owner of the house decides to decorate the walls with embossed tiles, then it is worth considering a number of tips:
- You can buy goods only from trusted manufacturers that have a certificate for this product and good customer reviews;
- It’s better to recalculate the finishing area several times and again evaluate the costs: often buying a tile will not be a very profitable acquisition;
- The purchased tile should be reviewed all individually, to make sure that the instances do not differ in color and relief;
- The style of the room must be decided in advance, especially since the relief tile allows you to create a unique design.
Given all the advantages and disadvantages of this type of tile, you can approach the choice consciously, so that the purchase will bring benefits and joy for a long time.