Sometimes people who have stretch ceilings in their home face such a problem as bubbles on the stretch ceiling, or the fabric just starts to frown. This article will help you understand the causes of these problems, as well as how to fix this.
Stretch ceiling installation process
In order to understand the possible reasons for the swelling of a stretch ceiling, you need to understand the process of installing it:
- First, installers fasten aluminum baguettes around the room. They are installed 5 centimeters lower from the ceiling;
- Then the canvas itself is pulled onto the installed baguettes. It can be made of PVC film or synthetic fabric. The film is used much more often, as it costs less.
Why does the stretch ceiling fabric bubble and wrinkle
Since the film is a very soft material, it can sag, or, conversely, rise above a certain level. As a result, the aesthetics of the ceiling are lost. Consider the main reasons why deformation of a stretch ceiling can occur:
- Permeability of the ceiling. There are times that there are cracks or chips in the slabs in the ceiling itself, or the joints with the walls are patched very poorly. The consequence of this will be air from the ceiling to the apartment. This can lead to an inflated stretch ceiling.
- Draft when airing. It happens that when airing, in the cold season, the stretch ceiling can stick to the ceiling plate. This is due to the fact that cold enters the room where the warm air is located, which is why the warm air begins to rise to the ceiling, and thus, put pressure on it. If you close the windows, the film will gradually return to its place.
- Incorrect ceiling installation. When using low-quality parts or materials, deformation of the stretch ceiling may occur.
- Deformation can occur from a flood. If the ceiling begins to hang down with a ball, it means that water has got into it. The solution to this problem may be a small puncture, then the water will come out, and the ceiling will return to its place again. Only in this case will have to repair the canvas.
- The film is not tight enough.
- Incorrect cutting of PVC film. This can also lead to sagging of the canvas.
To prevent these problems is quite possible. To do this, cover all the cracks on the ceiling before the stretch ceiling is installed. You can cover the cracks with mounting foam.
If there are cracks at the joints of the plates, they also need to be removed with plaster. If you do not eliminate these problems before stretching the ceiling, then it will be more difficult to eliminate them. To do this, you have to remove the film, close up all the cracks, and return it back.
Following the tips of this article, you can prevent the deformation of the stretch ceiling and save your time and nerves.
What do you think about this? Leave your comments under this article! Desirable on the topic of the article.