Rubber paint is an innovative material that was developed by technologists to eliminate the negative aspects of standard paint products.
And although this type of paint appeared on the building materials market so long ago, it was already able to acquire the status of a stable and durable coating, characterized by excellent properties.
The consistency of the material is very similar to mastic, and after drying, an elastic film resembling rubber forms on the treated surface.
General recommendations for work
When working with such material, you must strictly adhere to certain recommendations and rules:
- When applying rubber paint to an untreated wooden coating, preliminary polishing and application of an antiseptic composition is necessary, on a metal surface - cleaning and degreasing, concrete - primer is required (you can use hardening impregnation or universal primer).
Hard glossy surfaces, previously painted with oil or alkyd compounds, must be washed with sodium phosphate solution or soda before painting.
- The control painting will make it possible to evaluate its density, shade brightness and exact drying time.
- It is better not to apply a similar composition in windy weather, high humidity (above 80%) and in direct sunlight.
- It is more expedient to make the surface treatment for painting not one thick but several thin in order to increase the wear resistance of the processed material. Between the application of layers, it is necessary to strictly maintain a time range of at least 1-2 hours.
Tips for choosing an elastic coating
When purchasing rubber paint, be sure to pay attention to such characteristics:
- Purpose of the material. Some organizations produce paint with a narrow focus, with clearly defined specific properties. Suppose, for concrete floors in the product, manufacturers increase the content of acrylic latex, for wood surfaces, special antiseptic additives are added to the composition. For painting roofing material, an essential parameter is resistance to sudden changes in temperature and the negative influence of the surrounding atmosphere;
- Manufacturer. The products of foreign organizations have already passed the test of time, but cost much more. But Russian companies produce products not inferior in quality at a low cost;
- The expiration date of the paint product and the availability of a certificate.
On which surfaces can not be applied rubber paint?
It can not be applied to the surface of quicklime - the paint will simply fall off.
For rubber paint is characterized by incredible ductility, not inherent in other paintwork.
It can be used both for outdoor work, and for indoor work. It can be painted with almost all types of surfaces - from concrete to raw wood.
Do you know that it is impossible to paint with rubber paint? Share your experience in the comments.