It is rather laborious to wash the alternative curtain manually by quality because of the number of lamellas, because each one needs to be thoroughly cleaned. We have selected 5 effective life hacks that make it easier to care for your blinds.
This method involves removing the blinds. For express cleaning, you need auto chemical goods (contactless washing). This will save you from washing each individual lamella.
- Remove from the brackets (takes 1-2 minutes).
- Hang evenly above the bathtub in closed mode.
- Then apply the product on both sides. Active foam in 2 minutes raises pollution: dust, deposits of soot, grease, etc.
- Rinse the foam off the shower head.
- When water drains, wipe the blinds dry with a clean rag or microfiber cloth.
How to wash without removing
As a rule, most of the time is spent rubbing each lamella individually. To optimize the cleaning of blinds without removing them, use kitchen utensils.
Everyone who manually processed the blinds probably knows that this is a real “hard labor”. With a rag or sponge, you need to go through all the compartments, getting confused and often breaking lamellas. The way to ugliness is simple: wrap the ends of kitchen tongs with microfiber cloths. So you will not break the curtains and easily wipe off the dust immediately on both sides.
Blinds of this model represent an elegant design. If a dirty stain has appeared on them (for example, spray from something) that is not wiped with a damp rag - the panels can be washed. Perform everything in stages:
- Remove all lamellas carefully.
- Fold each panel into separate rolls and place them in the laundry bag.
- Dissolve a little washing powder in warm water and dip the bag in this container for 1 hour.
- Then rinse well under running warm water. Do not twist them and do not dry - this is important!
- Fabric lamellas are hung in place wet, because gradually drying out, they are smoothed out under their own weight and take on their original appearance.
Do not try to speed up the process by hand-washing - absolutely do not rub the panels with your hands or even worse with a brush.
Such models cannot be rolled up and washed. However, it is easier and faster to deal with them than with fabric blinds.
- Close the blinds and switch to open mode so that the edges of the lamellas look exactly at you.
- From the spray bottle, apply the detergent on both sides.
- With a soft sponge, it is better to use “kitchen tongs” to wipe each panel of plastic.
- Wipe dry so that there are no stains.
It is known that this material is afraid of water, so you need to clean such curtains exclusively in a dry way.
- Close wooden or bamboo blinds and thoroughly vacuum the entire surface.
- Inaccessible places go with a feather brush with the curtains open.
- Close again and vacuum again.
Periodically coat each lamella with polish or wax. They form a thin film, due to which the dust will fall on the blinds, but not absorbed into the wood. This will save you time and facilitate subsequent cleaning.