The presence of skeletons (stumps) of a tree reduces not only the aesthetics of a summer cottage, but also occupies a usable space, which makes it very difficult to build new facilities. In order to return the corresponding view to the personal territory - you need to get rid of the stumps. The process of removing hemp is not always possible through the involvement of specialists. It is quite possible to implement it yourself using improvised tools.
Stump removal options
There are only a few ways to remove the cores from the land.
- Chemical methods are based on the processing of wood residues with special reagents that destroy their structure from the inside . Then you can just set fire to the stump and expect burnout. However, this method involves waiting a long time until the chemicals work (at least six months).
- Attraction of special equipment. Immediately worth noting - this is a quick, but very expensive option to rid the site of stumps! Also, not everywhere and not on any site this car will be able to call. In addition, regardless of the time (season) of the year, this technique severely damages the soil, but there is nothing to say about the lawn!
- Physical methods (uprooting). The fastest and cheapest way. It uses improvised tools (shovels, axes, saws, scrap). Despite this, high speed makes this option the most effective, because in 1 day, it is possible to destroy several stumps at once.
Destroy the interference on the site: 3 options
The decision was made in favor of tradition and a method tested over decades? Then, for starters, prepare the appropriate tool: shovels, ax, saw hacksaw, crowbar, rope. Next, your actions are as follows.
- Rooting out begins with digging a stump in a circle to the roots.
- Then, well free the thickest roots from the ground and chop it with an ax (cut it with a saw or pick it with a crowbar).
- Next, just swing the stump to the sides and in a circle (to break all the small roots and branches) until it completely crawls out of the ground.
- If the roots are too deep in the ground, and it is not possible to dig them carefully, dig a hole near the stump about 50 cm deep.
- Then dig a stump to the first rhizomes and make a groove connecting the undermining with the previously dug fossa.
- Now from the hose under pressure, feed water around the stump (i.e. your task is to erode the soil). Thus, excess fluid along with the mule will flow into the neighboring pit.
- Then everything is according to the first scenario: an ax and uprooting.
- If you have a hand winch (Jacques), then the work is facilitated and accelerated at times.
- Dig a stump and chop the thick roots.
- Tie the stump with a thick rope (chain or cable). Importantly, the cable was threaded through the roots, and fixed closer to the edge (cut) of the stump. This will result in a lever to overturn it.
- Secure the winch to the nearest tree trunk and use as intended.
Although these three options seem primitive, the effect is guaranteed. Regardless of which one you prefer - they are the fastest and most economical (in terms of cash costs) ways to remove a stump from a summer cottage.