Tobacco smoke has a very corrosive and persistent specific odor. Smokers themselves do not feel this stench. Extremely unpleasant aroma is absorbed literally in everything: leather, clothes, fabric surfaces, leather upholstered and wooden furniture.
In ancient Soviet times, this truly “multifunctional” method of getting rid of the smell of tobacco smoke in an apartment was very popular, because incredibly simple. Soak a few small terry towels in cold water, squeeze slightly so that the water does not drain, and hang it in different places of the apartment. Wet towels perfectly absorb all odors, including tobacco. In addition, it helps to refresh the room and increase humidity. Encourage the smoker to always hang a wet towel in the room before lighting a cigarette, so the smell will not spread to other rooms.
Another proven way is your favorite perfume. However, if you just scour in the rooms - do not expect an effective result. As soon as the perfume disappears, the smell of tobacco will again take a dominant position. You need to “puff” them with perfume directly on the bulbs in the lamps - only when the lights are off on cold lamps. When you turn on the light, as the light bulb heats up, the room will fill with a fresh scent. The principle of operation of this method is aroma lamp.
Mix in a container 1 cup vinegar (preferably apple) and half a glass of plain water. Universal solution - removes odor from any surface: tables, cabinets, book covers, wooden and upholstered furniture. You can also wipe them with any flooring and even wallpaper, but in this case you need to squeeze the rags well to avoid stains on the walls. After you process everything, be sure to ventilate the room.
Powerful "artillery" against the smell of tobacco smoke in the apartment. To permanently eliminate the corrosive "amber" use this solution. Mix the following ingredients together:
- 3 liters of water;
- half of Art. ammonia;
- quarter of Art. food soda;
- quarter of Art. ordinary vinegar.
Wash all surfaces thoroughly with this product. After a day, repeat the procedure, just make a new clean solution.
Tools at hand
To prevent the absorption of cigarette smoke, various means with an absorbent and aromatic property will help.
- Zest of orange and coffee. Pour some coffee beans into a few dessert plates and arrange around the room. Coffee effectively absorbs all bad odors. Same procedure with citrus peel.
- Rice groats. It perfectly incorporates odors like a sponge. The principle of use is the same - in plates and around the room.
- Aromatic oils. Essential oil especially lavender has a lot of usefulness. From the smoke this recipe will help: 1 portion - pour 2-3 tbsp. In a bowl of sea salt. l and add 3-4 drops of aromatic oil. Take a few servings and arrange in rooms.
- Baby powder and soda. Pour a little talcum powder mixed with baking soda onto the floor, carpets, walkways, fabric upholstery, and even out evenly. Leave on for 6-7 hours. Then thoroughly vacuum with a brush head. Practice shows that this method works after a couple of procedures, but after that only memories will remain of tobacco smoke .