On the house plot you can place many useful buildings. But for this, you often have to clean old sheds and garages. They could be erected in an inconvenient place by the previous owners or simply become worthless over time. There are several ways to break an old building on a site.
This is the easiest and safest method to get rid of unnecessary buildings. Here all the work is done by special equipment. But this method is quite expensive, so not everyone uses mechanized demolition for ordinary old sheds.
Another disadvantage is that after the work of special equipment, there is only a pile of garbage. Save individual items for future use will not work. Plus, construction waste must be disposed of in a landfill. This will be an additional expense item.
Mechanical demolition of the structure is recommended if the shed is quite durable and even several people cannot disassemble it with their hands. There is simply no other way out than ordering special equipment.
If the barn is quite old and made of wood, it will be possible to disassemble it yourself quickly enough. In extreme cases, you can ask your friends for help. But here you need to remember that the analysis of old buildings is a rather dangerous task, so any structure requires prior preparation.
The work is carried out in several stages:
- The presence of communications connected to the shed is checked. Conducted light and water must be turned off correctly. If the barn was gasified, you should call specialists. It is impossible to disconnect yourself.
- Dismantled the entire finish (internal and external).
- Insulation, if any, is removed.
- Windows and doors are dismantled.
- Understands the roof. With slate, this is easier to do. It can be removed with sheets, while removing nails. The metal tile should be disassembled gradually and only from the edge where its installation ended. The bitumen version of such a coating is easiest to cut.
- The crate, rafters and floors are removed. This is the most time-consuming and dangerous process, so this kind of work alone should not be done.
- Disassemble the walls. Sheds rarely stand on the foundation, so it is most likely not necessary to remove it. If the foundation is still present, you will need the help of specialists.
Manual analysis of the barn allows you to save a maximum of building materials. The remaining garbage is simply disposed of in a landfill or incinerated.