Plaster, like any thing, at some point loses its consumer look. Many users have repeatedly encountered such a problem as the appearance of cracks or completely falling off plaster. What to do in this situation? This will be discussed in the article.
Causes of Cracks
There are a number of defects that appear if the proportions of the components of the composition or the application technology are violated. These include:
- peeling new plaster from the wall;
- the appearance of tubercles on the surface, as well as bloating;
- the appearance of cracks throughout the depth of the solution;
- occurrence of sedimentary cracks;
- white salt deposits are formed, streaks and spots on the wall after the plaster layer has completely dried.
Why do these minuses appear? Convex spots and bloating can occur if the limestone composition did not have sufficient exposure or if there are outstanding particles in it.
To do this, hold the plaster until the lime is extinguished. Deficiencies are opened, wetted with large amounts of water and filled with plaster mortar. It is only necessary to wipe the surface.
Sedimentary cracks occur in the event that the binder is contained in large quantities and with poor mixing.
If you do not deviate from the standard proportions of the composition and dosage, which are indicated on the package, then the problem will be solved by itself. It is only necessary to mix the plaster thoroughly and make a smooth surface.
How to repair a separate section of the wall with the removed plaster: step-by-step instruction
It is possible to repair a wall with loose plaster without the help of experienced builders. It is only necessary to clearly follow the instructions. For example, you can completely remove the previous layer and apply a new one.
But it would be better to plaster those places that were damaged. To check which areas were damaged, you need to use a wooden mallet. If a dull sound is heard with a light tap on the wall, then the composition has departed. What to do in this case:
- Remove old plaster.
- In the event that the brickwork is necessary to clean the seams. Debris and dust should be removed from the surface.
- For better adhesion, a primer is applied to the wall.
- As soon as the solution dries the wall, it is worth moistening and applying the solution. In the event that the plaster has moved on a large surface of the wall, it will be necessary to use beacons. Then the wall will be perfectly flat.
- If the damage is minor, the plaster is removed with a square or rectangle. The place is processed as described above and filled with a solution. The main thing is to strictly observe the proportions so that the mixture has the correct consistency.
- You can also restore the site with traffic jams. In a problem place, a hole is drilled to the base, which is primed, filled with mortar, and also plastered.
It is worth noting that for wooden walls you need to use mortar on limestone.
As you can see, even a novice in this business can repair it, and what do you know how to repair a wall with a loose plaster?