Choosing a fireplace model is only half the story. Most importantly, its location in the house. A fireplace is a symbol of warmth and coziness. In addition, it will be in perfect harmony with the interior, if placed correctly. There are several types of installation relative to the walls.
The installation location will depend on the model of construction.
- Near the wall. This is a classic arrangement: the stove is against the wall, and opposite is a chair with a blanket. A unique atmosphere of coziness is created.
- In the center of the room. It does not touch the walls, but is located in the center of the room. For such an installation, two-sided fireplaces are purchased, their firebox is visible from two sides. This allows you to look at the flame from anywhere in the room. This setting helps to divide the room into zones.
- Corner layout. In this case, there are some nuances. It can be installed symmetrically (it will visually divide the angle in half) or asymmetrically (the side wall of the structure is leaned against the wall).
- Hanging structures. As the name implies, they do not touch the floor. Only small models are suitable for such an installation. The main weight falls on the ceiling.
- Built-in fireplace. The design is completely hidden in the false box, and the portal itself is outside. It can be installed on the floor or on a raised platform. This kind of fireplace is very similar to a picture with flames. Sometimes built into the wall, with access to 2 rooms
There are rules that you don’t want to break:
- Having decided to install a fireplace, it is necessary to free the interior of objects with combustible materials. For safety reasons, they should be located more than 1 m from the oven. If the wall material is flammable, then a thermal insulation layer is made (refractory brick).
- If the chimney is already mounted in the room, it is advisable to connect it immediately. Naturally, the space for fantasy installation will be limited.
- The hearth portal must be directed towards the center of the room in order to clearly see the fire. There should not be a TV near, it will distract, and violate the cozy atmosphere. But honestly, this advice is often ignored.
- Do not place near door and window openings, as drafts have a negative effect on the functioning of the structure. This is not relevant if the furnace is closed.
- The room must be at least 12 sq.m. Such an area will provide air flow.
- The fireplace is usually mounted on a main wall, but if placed in the center, this will facilitate cleaning. In addition, the cost of thermal insulation will not be required. But there is a minus: convective air flows form a draft. This will deprive the desired comfort.
For your information! The fireplace should not be installed in the bedroom, its place is the living room.
Some attract Feng Shui for help. According to this teaching, a fireplace projects energy flows, which must spread freely, contributing to the necessary comfort. There is a certain rule: the fireplace should be located in a place that nature has reserved for it.
There are a lot of analogues for real fireplaces on sale: electric, inserts and bio-fireplaces. They easily fit into the interior, but do not replace the feeling of a traditional stove.
Request to readers: if you know another installation method, share it in the comments.