As professionals advise, it is advisable to glue the wallpaper in the house once every five years. For such a long period, the paintings on the walls can get dirty, damaged, dull and just get tired.
The reasons for changing the wallpaper can be a huge amount. The plywood process is pretty simple. The only question is what to do if the ceiling is stretched in the room? The service life of such a ceiling design is approximately 20 years.
During this period, wallpapers will be re-glued more than once. How the process of updating the design of walls with a stretch ceiling occurs, we will consider in this article.
Delete old wallpaper
Before updating the design of the room, you need to remove the old wall covering. This process does not require much work, you just need to adhere to some recommendations.
- Close to the stretch ceiling, attach a wide spatula and cut old canvases with a sharp construction knife.
- Moisten the walls with a special compound to remove old wallpaper or plain warm water.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove the old coating from top to bottom.
Apply water or a special tool, preferably in small areas, after having previously cut the paper. A spatula will be a great tool to remove the swollen old canvas.
The final stage will be the drying and priming of the walls. You can proceed to pasting.
If masking tape is installed
Such a tape is used during the installation of a stretch ceiling. This is a soft and flexible profile that hides gaps along the walls.
The process of pasting the walls is as follows:
- measured the distance from the ceiling to the very bottom of the wall;
- if the wallpaper has a pattern, then you need to roll out two rolls on the ground and adjust it according to the ornament;
- cut the strip exactly in size;
- we pull out a masking tape in the ceiling;
- proceed to pasting the walls.
We do this process slowly, carefully, smooth the canvas with a roller. If glue gets on the ceiling, gently wipe the drops of liquid with a wet cloth. In the room where repairs are carried out there should be no drafts.
After the wallpaper has dried, you can install a decorative ceiling tape. Starting from the corner, with the help of a round stick, insert it back into the gap. Care must be taken not to damage the ceiling.
Please note that if the masking tape does not match the color of the new wall decoration, you can choose a product of a suitable shade.
If a ceiling plinth is installed
Basically, such baguettes are made of polystyrene foam, then there will be no particular difficulties. Old skirting boards are removed and new ones glued.
If the ceiling plinths are made of gypsum or alabaster, then plywood wallpaper will be a little more complicated.
The process is as follows:
- the old coating is cut with a clerical knife directly under the baguette;
- new wallpapers should match the thickness of the old;
- Further, all the work is similar, as in the previous case.
Repair in a room with a stretch ceiling is simple. It is important to follow some rules, actions must be neat and careful.
How often do you change wallpaper in your home? Share your experience in the comments.