Wallpaper is one of the most common finishes. They are glued at the final stage of repair.
You can glue them in several ways. Sometimes when decorating a room, several types with different patterns are used.
In the process, there are problems with the joints. In these places, you need to act very carefully so that they are not noticeable after the repair is completed, and subsequently do not peel off
The most difficult thing is to stick strips with the image, but when sticking plain, you also need to follow certain rules.
If there is a picture
Even if the work is performed by the master, he may experience slight difficulties in selecting the pattern and gluing the material at the joints.
If for a specialist this problem will be insignificant, then for someone who does not have experience, it can be quite difficult.
After all, the image on the wallpaper in some places may not coincide.
- To minimize waste, first roll the roll, spread on the floor or a large table.
- Using a tape measure, the height of the ceiling is measured, and this size is transferred to the canvas.
- Cutting off the first strip, leave about 30 cm in reserve.
- Next to the cut sheet is laid another one, matching the pattern.
- After that, you can cut off the second strip.
- The first strip after this can be glued already to the wall. And the third is cut off, attaching it to the second.
- Stripes with a pattern are selected to each other alternately until the whole room is pasted over.
Before proceeding with gluing, the wall must be primed. It is also important to pay attention to the material from which the wallpaper is made.
In some cases, the adhesive is applied only to the wall or only to the back of the finishing material.
Joints of different types of wallpaper
When decorating modern rooms, a combination of several types of wallpaper is often used.
They may differ in texture, color, material, etc. It often happens that the wallpaper is selected before the pasting.
If several types of decoration are used in one room, joints can be decorated in several ways.
- The classic version. The canvas is glued to the wall, but the edge is not lubricated at first with glue. After that, take a straight bar or a long ruler, apply to the wall to draw a straight line at a small distance from the edge of the canvas. Next, take a clerical knife, and cut off at the junction. The excess is removed, and the edges are smeared with glue and glued. After that, you get a perfectly flat line. By slightly modifying this method, you can make unusual joints. For example, in the form of waves or a zigzag.
- Horizontal lines In this case, sticking the trim strip is even more difficult. If the wallpaper is horizontal, it’s more difficult to work with it. To make an even horizontal junction line between wallpapers of different types, you need to draw a straight line with the help of a level. The upper fabric is glued, and then the lower one.
- Framing. With this design, moldings, various baguettes or borders are used. This method is suitable in cases where small decorative inserts are used.
A beginner can cope with this task. But, showing patience and ingenuity, you can make the joints as neat and invisible as possible.
Write in the comments what kind of joint design you can offer.