Not all refrigerators circulate gas, which is safe to change at home. Before refueling, be sure to check which refrigerant is the engine of your refrigerator and then decide what you will do. It may be necessary to call a specialist, because replacement at home will be extremely dangerous.
- when replacing gas, be sure to disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply;
- when you start work, you need to ground the equipment;
- ventilate the room every 15 minutes while pumping or releasing refrigerant;
- Do not turn on electrical appliances or smoke;
- Learn the safety instructions for refrigerators when working with freon before starting work.
Take the gas station and connect its left pipe to the Schröder valve, connect the middle pipe to the refrigerant bottle, and attach the right pipe to the vacuum pump. Take care in advance and check that all valves on the bottle and station must be closed. Pump out the air.
Open the taps at the gas station and turn on the pump so that the pressure drops to min. marks. The process is quite long (from 15 to 30 minutes).
Turn off the right valve, open the valve on the refill bottle and fill the refrigerant with the amount required for your model of cooling system. Turn off the valve.
Now bring the refrigerator into operation and check the quality of the pressure in the installation. Everything works? Now pinch the compressor nozzle and seal its ends.
Take the leak detector and once again check the correct operation of the installed system.