Pasting the walls is an important and important event. If someone saw or collided, they know that there is a certain order.
First, finish the other areas, then paste the wallpaper, finish the floor. This is necessary so as not to damage, not to contaminate the new surface of the walls.
Where to start:
- Installation or whitewashing of the ceiling - the work is complex, requires special skill and professionalism.
Today, residents of apartments prefer hanging structures, but there are people who prefer the old-fashioned way - to whitewash. In the beginning, it is necessary to level the surface with putty. If you do not, all cracks in the bumps will be visible.
These works can be done independently, but special services mount suspended ceilings.
- Surface plastering - carried out if significant bumps, chips, deep cracks are observed on the walls.
Mixes for finishing work are sold in construction stores in dry form. Simply dilute with water to the desired consistency.
They are not expensive, there are gypsum or cement. Gypsum mixtures are more elastic, easily applied to walls.
However, they are not intended for rooms with high humidity.
Acrylic and latex compounds are more resistant to water, but are much more expensive. They are used mainly to eliminate minor cracks. Read the instructions on the package carefully.
After plastering the surfaces need to be smoothed, handed over gloss. Otherwise, grains of sand will be visible under the wallpaper.
- Puttying the walls - makes the surface of the walls smooth, even. Even a thin layer reliably hides the roughness.
This has a positive effect on the adhesion of sheets to the wall. Putty is basic and finishing. The last mixture is applied in a thin layer because the thick coating is cracking.
It is necessary to cover in several passes, having previously hardened with a layer. Work is carried out by 2 spatulas of different widths.
The final stage is sanding, in order to clean off dried-up flows, grooves. Apply for this action - sandpaper of medium grain size.
- Primed walls - after cleaning old coatings, surfaces need to be treated with a special substance. So the dust is removed, the fat content is neutralized.
The primer is applied not only before wallpapering, but also before painting the walls. This gives:
- saving wallpaper glue;
- increase the service life of the final coating;
- surface uniformity;
- good adhesion.
Apply the product using a roller, pre-paint the corners with a brush. Acrylic primer is suitable for plastered, plastered surfaces.
Alkyd mix for wooden structures. Priming is done in several approaches, allowing the previous layer to dry. The finished coating is even, smooth, with a little stickiness.
- Laying tiles is the most time-consuming job. It is better to do it at the very beginning of the repair in the apartment. It is accompanied by increased mobility, pollution.
It is impossible to do the laying of tiles independently, unless of course the landlord is not a builder. The process requires experience and certain knowledge. The quality and durability of the work done depend on this.
There are several opinions about the order of finishing work. Someone does not see anything terrible in painting work after wallpapering.
What do you think? Do you agree with this or do you have an opinion? Please share in the comments.