Painting the ceiling is an important stage in the repair work. In today's article, a painting technique will be presented that will help to avoid the formation of stains.
Types of paints
There are several types of material that can be used for painting the ceiling:
- Water emulsion. Consists of water and polymer particles. It is characterized by ease of installation, good performance and quick drying.
- Cretaceous. The cheapest paint on the market. Not recommended for use, as has significant disadvantages: short-lived, changes color over time, there is no possibility of wet cleaning, because does not tolerate water; cracks and chips may appear on the ceiling surface.
- Acrylic This composition is highly resistant to temperature extremes and durability of use.
- Latex. It is quickly put and dries, does not demand serious leaving, and also does not fade.
There are several tools and materials that will be needed during the work:
1) Roller. It is better to use a product with a long pile to reduce the painting time. A short-haired roller will not give a good result. With its use, stains may remain in some places.
2) Tray for paint. In this tank, you will also need to roll the roller to avoid bumps when painting.
3) Paint. Acrylic paint is considered the best of the above models.
Note! Before you breed the composition, familiarize yourself with the features of its use, which are indicated by the manufacturer on the packaging.
Rules for painting the ceiling
Experienced specialists give some simple tips that help to avoid stains on the ceiling:
- The applied layers must be the same thickness. Also, you can not use different types of paints. It is important that the composition has the same consistency.
- Painting the ceiling involves applying two or three layers of the mixture.
- Each new layer must be applied perpendicular to the previous one. This technique hides minor surface irregularities. Thus, the need to align the ceiling.
- Painting is carried out by continuous movements. Thus, it is possible to avoid smudges and accumulation of the composition in one place.
- If there wasn’t enough paint on the entire surface, then you need to finish the work at least one day later. Otherwise, there will remain smudges, which are problematic to be painted over.
Additional Information! Before painting the ceiling, take care to protect the floor and walls to avoid getting paint on them.
Therefore, painting is recommended to be performed last. Beginners are advised to seek help from professionals who will cope with the task in the shortest possible time.
Thus, in this article the basic methods of painting the ceiling were presented.
Are you ready to listen to the above tips to avoid smudges and stains? Share your opinion in the comments.