Warming the balcony is a great option for people who want to increase the area of the apartment.
For example, on the balcony you can equip a kitchenette or a small lounge.
You can carry out work, both independently and with the help of professionals.
In the first, you can save a lot of money and spend it on the purchase of better materials or on the implementation of other goals. Next, we will analyze in detail all the stages of warming and give useful tips.
First you need to choose a material for thermal insulation. It must be strong, resistant to moisture and fire, environmentally friendly and easy to install. Suitable criteria include:
- mineral wool;
- polyurethane foam.
Try not to save on buying quality material for thermal insulation. So it will last for decades.
We advise you to choose a medium thickness material, as too thin will not provide sufficient heat insulation, and wide - will take up extra space.
The first thing to do is prepare the room for the balcony for insulation:
- Free the balcony from unnecessary things.
- Dismantle old balcony frames.
- Prepare the floor and walls for work. If there are gaps or gaps in the walls and floor, be sure to remove them. Small cracks can be treated with sealant. If the damage is large, fill it with foam. As soon as the foam dries, cut off its excess, and your balcony is ready for basic work.
Install windows with double-glazed windows.
- The intended use of glazing is: cold, intermediate and warm.
- According to the material is divided into: plastic, wooden and aluminum.
- And the last thing that affects the choice of glazing is the type of opening: rotary, sliding, folding, and so on.
Pay attention to the choice of fittings. The longevity of glazing depends on it a lot. Try not to save on accessories from a quality manufacturer.
Waterproofing protects the balcony from moisture penetration into the room.
To ensure high moisture resistance of the walls, treat them with a composition with penetrating properties. Conduct priming as well, as during rains, moisture can penetrate through small pores in concrete.
A vapor barrier is a thin film that covers the surface of a balcony.
This material protects the room from evaporation and blocks access to moisture. Thus, it increases the resistance of the frame to rot. Here are the main types of vapor barrier material:
- Foil film is more suitable for vapor barrier in saunas.
- Polyethylene is well suited for floors and roofs.
- Reinforced - very durable.
Many mistakenly believe that to insulate a balcony can only be carried out with the presence of special skills in finishing work. But, as it turned out, it is enough to understand the process of warming and take into account some of its features. We hope that these recommendations will help you.
And what do you think about the insulation of the balcony with your own hands? You can share your opinion in the comments.