For some reason, many developers have the erroneous opinion that puttying walls is a complicated process. In fact, you just have to start, and the rest will go on the thumb. The main thing is to have basic concepts and skills, which include the correct calculation of the amount of putty mixture and its preparation for the work process.
How to calculate the consumption of universal and finishing putty on 1 m² of surface?
First of all, you need to find out the factors that can affect the amount of material used.
- Composition - on sale you can find both ready-made solutions and dry mixtures, which are prepared at the place of work by adding water. In this regard, the materials have different densities and, when calculated on a dry basis, require different amounts.
- The number and size of surface defects - before you putty putty for walls, you need to understand that it is almost impossible to objectively evaluate this factor, unless you measure all the bumps for their volume.
- Sizes of the fraction - finishing mixtures based on fine-grained components, are intended for finishing and are applied with a thin layer. Therefore, the volume of their consumption is less than that of universal compounds based on large fillers.
It is worth paying attention that to improve the walls at the initial stage, plaster mixes are required. However, it happens when novice builders use a universal putty mixture, the convenience of working with it and affordable cost allow us to consider this option as quite rational.
The above data imply that each putty and its consumption per 1 m² are different and require certain background information.
- Cement-based mixes - an average of 1.3-1.5 kg is consumed per square meter, provided that the layer thickness is determined by the filler structure. With a larger thickness, the consumable data increases accordingly.
- Mixtures "Vetonit" - are consumed within 1.2 kg per kV. meter.
- Mixtures on an oil-glue basis - are available in a ready-to-use state, due to the components have a high density, which will certainly affect the consumption standards - about 3 kg / m².
- Dry mixes - has a low density and is applied only in a thin layer. For cement cladding and concrete for walls, the flow rate is within 0.5 kg per square meter. meter, and for the ceiling - 0.6 kg. Processing of wooden surfaces (plywood, chipboard, hardboard) requires even lower costs - 0.33 and 0.5 kg per square meter, respectively.
- Universal gypsum -based putty - on even substrates of the type of gypsum plaster , applied with a layer of 1 mm, with such a thickness will be enough) 0.8-0.9 kg per "square".
- The finishing composition on a gypsum basis - lies even more thin layer “on the cut” no more than 0.5 mm, hence the economical expenditure - 0.45 kg / m².
- Finishing mixes of Sheetrock with vinyl reinforcing fibers are available in finished form, which increases the consumption rates, but the fine-grained component, and, therefore, the minimum thickness of the coating makes them quite acceptable - 1-1.1 kg per square meter. meter.
The algorithm of computational manipulations
The above data will help you to easily calculate the desired volume of the mixture for a small room. In order to calculate the amount of putty per 1 m² when leveling planes over large areas , proceed as follows :
- move the longest rule or rail along the wall, simultaneously measuring the gap between it and the surface at the maximum of points; the main requirement for informational content is a stable vertical and horizontal step between points;
- add up the results and divide them by the number of measurements, as a result - the average value of the layer thickness;
- calculate specific consumption using the reference data indicated above;
- multiply the result by the total area that needs to be processed.
On some specialized sites, you can find a calculator for the consumption of fillers. An elementary script makes it possible to reduce time, just enter your indicators.
How to spread dry putty for walls?
Dry powder formulations for puttying require preliminary preparation. This requires a minimum set of tools and equipment :
- capacity for solution;
- construction mixer or electric drill with a special nozzle;
- putty knife .
Everyone who begins construction and wants to know how to properly breed dry powder putty for walls should adhere to the following scheme :
- pour the required amount of composition into the container;
- pour a certain amount of water (you can’t act the other way around - when powder is added to the water, lumps form, which are then difficult to mix);
- mix the mixture with an electric mixer at about 800 rpm to a uniform consistency state;
- let the solution settle for 10-15 minutes and clean the mixer nozzle with a spatula;
- repeat mixing.
Important! After the procedure, the instrument should be cleaned of residual material and washed thoroughly. Be sure to rinse the container after preparing each portion of the solution.
How much does it cost to putty walls per m² of surface?
Everyone who did not dare to independently plaster, in the end, you need to figure out how much the master will need to pay for the work he has done. It all depends on several factors:
- the degree to which walls and ceilings are even in your apartment;
- under what finish the surface is leveled; preparation for painting is usually more expensive than for wallpaper, and the difference is about 30-50%;
- processing walls is cheaper than ceilings;
- the presence of various interferences in the room in the form of pipes, heating radiators or wiring;
- the presence of complex slopes and stepped structures.
The table shows the corresponding putty of the walls and the price per m² of the treated surface, however, the above factors and pricing policy in a particular region of the country should be taken into account.
A certain role in pricing is played by the timing of the work - the faster you need to get the result, the greater the amount that the craftsmen will have to pay. Familiarization with expenditure standards and rules for calculating the required amount of the mixture, as well as knowledge of the cost of professional finishing services, will allow the future developer to withdraw the total amount of necessary costs.