Washing dishes for housewives is always a routine. How to avoid wasting precious time and carving out a few hours for home, family? An excellent solution would be a dishwasher. If before the unit was used only in production, now every family can afford to buy it.
How has the miracle device earned the favor of so many families besides saving time? Of course, reduced water consumption. When using the device, it takes up to 5 times less. So, a device purchased for a price of ten to fifteen thousand will beat itself off in a few years.
How to choose a dishwasher? Expert advice, some recommendations can be found below.
Advantages and disadvantages
If you are still wondering: how to choose a dishwasher for your home, is it worth it to do at all - below is the answer. Like any other technique, the device has both pros and cons. We will deal with that and the other separately.
- time saving;
- reduction of water and electricity consumption;
- extending the life of dishes; perfect cleaning of dishes, additional disinfection;
- the ability to wash not only dishes, but also toys, baseball caps.
- consumables are required (means, rinse aid, salt);
- takes up free space in the kitchen;
- buying a car is not cheap. The price of a quality device starts at fifteen thousand; some dishes cannot be washed automatically, but for crystal or cast iron such a washing is harmful;
- you have to wait until enough dirty dishes have accumulated.
How to choose a dishwasher: 10 expert tips
How to choose a dishwasher - expert advice:
- Firm - for the device to work for a long time, choose a trusted manufacturer. Well-proven appliances brands Bosch, Siemens. If you are wondering which device to purchase for your home, German quality will be a great choice. But it is best to read reviews before buying.
- Check - after the purchase, it is advisable to immediately check the dishwasher. If a malfunction occurs in the equipment, it is better to immediately return it to the store.
- Niche - for a car, you should choose a place in the kitchen before buying it. Most often, the device has a width of 45, 60 cm. If you have a small kitchen, choose a narrow dishwasher. The capacity of such a unit is less, but the machine will perform all its functions.
- Installation - trust the connection of equipment only to professionals. A poorly connected appliance will spoil not only your nerves, but also the floor in the kitchen.
- Facades - it is advisable to entrust the attachment of facades to those who installed your headset. If this is not possible, do not skimp, arrange with a professional.
- Another important criterion when buying a device is its capacity. Ideally, the dishwasher should hold dishes 2-3 times more than the required minimum.
- Pay attention to the consumption of water and electricity . Machines have different characteristics, and, therefore, power.
- Take a look at the number of programs , if there are a lot of dishes, especially of different types.
- The speed of the device is affected by the type of drying . If you want the device to work quickly, make sure that the turbo-drying mode is listed in the characteristics.
- Do not forget that the dishwasher is noisy during operation. Machines are considered quiet when the noise level does not rise above 45 dB.
Video: Selection Recommendations
In the video below you will learn how to choose a dishwasher. Features, characteristics, functions on the examples of several models.
You decide that you need a dishwasher - what next? First, select the type of miracle aggregate.
Dishwashers are desktop or non-built-in, built-in, partially built-in. We will get to know each view separately below.
Bench-mounted dishwasher - compact machine with microwave dimensions. During the cycle, such a “baby” on average will clean 5 sets of dishes. For a family of three or a bachelor is enough.
Built-in - such a device is fully integrated into the kitchen. A facade is hung on the front panel. This is the most typical, rational installation of a new acquisition. So the look of your kitchen will not go bad.
Partially embedded - a device that is only partially integrated into the headset. In case you do not want to install a facade or the device does not fit your dimensions.
How to choose a built-in dishwasher?
If you are wondering how to choose a built-in dishwasher, we want to give some recommendations on choosing the right equipment:
- Type of installation - as already mentioned, dishwashers can be partially or fully built-in. Decide which type suits you best.
- Dimensions - usually it makes no sense to remodel headsets for a new acquisition. The best solution is to make preliminary measurements, and then go to the store.
- Software - drying, dishwashing mode, water temperature, all this is controlled by the program. Everyone is able to choose the functionality for themselves.
- The snooze timer is a very useful feature. With it, you can save even more by moving the dishwasher at night (electricity will be cheaper). This is also a great outlet for those who do not stay too long at home. I set a timer - the equipment itself will start, everything will be washed off.
- Water recovery - modern units themselves achieve the necessary indicators of water hardness. The dishes are sensitive to this. Therefore, it is better to pay attention to new models.
- Protection against leaks - today there are special hoses with the AquaStop system. At the slightest likelihood of leakage, water will not exit the device.
Desktop dishwasher: which one to choose?
If you have a spacious kitchen, you can buy any dishwasher listed above. But what to do when you are cramped in space, the kitchen is small, and the miracle unit is so desired? A good solution is a desktop dishwasher. Which one to choose from the whole variety of models?
The best option would be the Bosch SKS Series. Let us dwell on one of the models. Our choice is Bosch SKS 60E18RU. These babies hold 6 sets of dishes, have several washing modes.
The load sensor, timer, recognition tools - all like the "big" brothers. 60E18RU is distinguished only by dimensions.
Deciding whether or not to buy a new device in the kitchen is definitely for you. But I want to note that even a small unit will greatly facilitate housework.
The principle of operation of the dishwasher
The person who bought the dishwasher wants to know everything about the new acquisition. He is especially interested in how this miracle aggregate works. When the dirty dishes are laid, detergent is added, select the mode, and then click “Start”. The machine will do everything herself. First, the device will add water. When there is enough water, the dishwasher will heat it (usually the machine is connected only to a cold pipe). The next step is to add funds from the container. Everything happens automatically. The washing solution is supplied in small portions to special sprayers. They are located at the top and bottom of the machine. The jets “shoot” the dishes, cleaning it.
If you are just wondering how to choose a car for the home, I note that some models are equipped with hot steam sprayers. So cleaning dishes is most effective. When sprayers finish their work, the rinse process begins. The product is washed off, then the drying process begins. There are many types of drying in modern machines. Basically, they differ in speed. The more expensive the model, the faster the process. Drying is the last step. It remains to get the dishes and put it in place!
How to choose a place to build in?
It often happens like this: a headset is already installed, but a dishwasher is only bought. How to choose a dishwasher for the home so that it fits into the finished kitchen?
- If you have not used a stove or an oven for a long time, you have purchased a slow cooker, in our case it’s only at hand. The dishwasher can be inserted instead of them.
- Another option is to put the device on the refrigerator . But in this form, the kitchen will seem cluttered.
- Put under the sink.
- Dismantling unused parts of kitchen furniture to create a niche for the dishwasher.
- One of the floor cabinets.
Do not forget that the dishwasher must have access to communications: water, electricity, sewage.
You measured the size of the acquisition, decided that suits you. Location selected. Now what? Next we upgrade the headsets.
- Remove the niche facade, get rid of the cabinets inside.
- Dismantle the shelves.
- Remove the loops so as not to scratch the technique.
- We remove the back of the cabinet.
If the machine is fully integrated, order a new facade. Partially embedded firms produce a large number of front panels. Take the most suitable for the interior.
Let us consider in detail the parameters of the machines. We talked above how to choose the right dishwasher. Expert advice will not only help you choose the right kitchen unit, but also determine its technical characteristics.
Capacity and size: 45 or 60 cm?
From the article you already know that most dishwashers have a width of 45 cm or 60. Consider the pros and cons of each of the modifications.
With a dishwasher 60 cm wide, you don’t have to worry about where to put the dishes. Plates, pans, pots and all other utensils will fit. The capacity of the device allows you to wash everything in one cycle.
A, A + - this is usually the energy class of a machine. Devices 60 cm wide have different functionality, several washing programs.
The obvious disadvantages of the modification are dimensions, noise, a small selection of facades.
The main plus of narrow dishwashers 45 cm is their size. They are also distinguished by the variety of colors of the models. Alas, compactness has its negative sides. Such machines do not last long, have less capacity, functionality.
Leakage protection function
All the best modern models of dishwashers are protected from leaks. The vast majority of manufacturers use the Aquastop system. What is it?
This is a double type system. Each machine is equipped not only with a pallet, but also with a special valve. Consider the principle of the mechanism.
There was a leak - water entered the pan. It has a special safety float. If it rises, the valve stops supplying water.
Safety valves come in several forms. Most often use electromagnetic or with absorbent. Mechanical remained in the old budget models.
The main disadvantage of the system is the inability to lengthen, install them in hard to reach places.
Remember, Aquastop will not be able to completely protect you from leaks, although it minimizes the risk. Try to take care of your car!
The holidays have passed, the guests left a bunch of glasses, porcelain, crystal? A good solution would be the “delicate washing” mode. This program is designed for fragile utensils. Low temperature, short washing time will not affect cleanliness. You like to receive guests, have a large number of beautiful dishes - then the delicate washing mode is required in your car.
Water purity sensor
In the world of modern technology you will not surprise anyone with the “rationality” of a dishwasher. The water purity sensor allows you to determine the degree of its pollution. Given the turbidity and the number of food particles, the machine changes the duration of the cycle, the water consumption during washing. A nice bonus in the device will not only reduce costs, but also get always clean dishes.
Prices of miracle units vary from 14 to 50 thousand rubles. Considering that the equipment tends to be constantly cheaper, you can take a simple device even cheaper. You can buy used equipment. Then the price of the question will be completely ridiculous.
Dishwashers rarely break down, their repair is inexpensive (in ¾ cases they require the usual cleaning of the blockage).
Think about how much you will save on water, on detergent. The only expense item for the machine will be electricity.
Water consumption when using a dishwasher: myths and reality
It's time to debunk dishwasher myths. How much water does the average car actually consume? Is it profitable to buy such a device in your kitchen?
The average dishwasher spends 10 l of water per cycle. For manual washing, you use 20 liters. The benefit is obvious! But do not forget that the car, in addition to water, spends electricity.
Table: TOP 5 of the best brands.
The brand is the key to long-term quality work of the equipment. No matter how faulty this approach, the name of the company gives a guarantee of build quality, technical serviceability. Which company to choose a dishwasher - TOP 5 brands below.
|Bosch||There is a myth that dishwashers of this company break down most often. Do not believe it! These machines are the most on the market, it is not surprising that there are so many topics on the crash forums. Best of all, pay attention to the rating of a particular model.|
|Siemens||Another manufacturer from Germany. Elite models of dishwashers are produced. Siemens equipment prices are slightly higher than those of Bosch. But it is worth making an amendment to the fact that the latter produce budget models.|
|Electrolux||As the Germans presented above, the Swedes are a good judge of quality technology. The first two firms were not in the store? Feel free to take Electrolux, you will not regret it. The company is known for its user-friendly equipment interface, machine assembly quality, and a large number of service centers.|
|Miele||Good assembly, many washing programs, convenience. On some machines, the software part is jarring - choose carefully when buying. It is advisable to read reviews on the Internet.|
|Aeg||Reliable car. Alas, not all models are equipped with an intuitive interface (however, an understandable one is relative for everyone). Feel free to choose a device if the technology of previous firms did not suit you.|
Video: TOP models 2017-2018
From this video you will learn about the best models of 2017. Take your time buying a dishwasher. It is better to wait for a while, weigh everything, but not make a mistake with the choice.
Customer reviews of different models
Opinion polls were conducted among owners of Bosch SPV 69T00, Bosch SGS 44E12, Bosch SKS 50E16, Bosch SGS 44E12, Siemens SN 66M054, Siemens SN 55M540, Hotpoint-Ariston LFTA + 42874, Hotpoint-Ariston LFT 2167, Electrolux ESL 67070 R, Zanussi ZDTS 300. The most popular among buyers were cars from Bosch, Electrolux, Hotpoint-Ariston. These brands combine build quality, ease of use in their technology. Often, dishwashers of companies are able to boast of quiet operation. For all three firms, the noise level rarely rises above 50 dB. They spend energy no more than 1 kW / h. Ordinary users are pleasantly surprised by the price-quality ratio. Which dishwasher to choose? Reviews will help you make the right choice! Read carefully about each model on the Internet.
For the dishwasher to last for a long time, follow the usage requirements. Below you will find a small universal manual for the device.
- Clean dishes from large particles of food. If this is not done, the dishwasher will quickly become clogged.
- If it is very dirty, keep the dishes under running hot water.
- Place your dishes correctly in baskets.
- Use the cutlery tray.
- Water must circulate freely inside the machine. Do not force the camera to utensils.
You will learn more about precautionary measures, safety measures when handling the device from the instructions. Below are a few key points of one of these guides.
- Do not touch the heating element while the machine is operating.
- Be careful with the door and the coasters.
- Place sharp objects carefully so that they do not damage the door or other utensils.
- When washing is complete, make sure that the detergent container is empty.
- If damaged, replace the power cord.
- Do not use soap, powder for washing machine or hand wash.
Dishwasher detergent and tablets
All dishwasher detergents can be divided into three groups:
- Powder - the most affordable. Typically, a cycle takes 25-30 g of powder. The tool can scratch the walls of the dishes, but recently a lot of low-abrasive powders have appeared.
- Gel - often come in the form of balls. They are considered the safest detergents for health.
- Pills are the most expensive remedy. Previously, the tool was used only in a full cycle. Now there are various dispensers.
5 more facts about dishwashers that you did not know about
Finally, there are a few facts about dishwashers that you might not know.
- The device can be started without detergent when the dishes are slightly dirty.
- The machine does not require special care.
- To use the unit does not need hot water.
- The dishwasher uses much less detergent than a manual wash.
- Put the knives with the blade down, and the forks, spoons, as convenient.