When laying tiles, it is very important to observe several rules so that all work looks neat and does not have to be redone. This is not an easy task, so usually professionals work with tiling.
However, workers can make mistakes, for example, deciding to save on a solution for laying tiles.
Why this cannot be done:
- a bad solution, like glue, can cause fallen tiles or bursting tiles. He will not last long;
- if the solution was applied unevenly to the tile, then it will solidify with lumps and lose its properties. It must be distributed evenly, slowly, as if stretching over the surface;
- when applying the solution, it is also not necessary to apply it immediately to a large area, since it will have time to dry before placing the tiles;
- excess solution looks ugly, so after gluing the tiles you need to immediately remove it until it dries;
- if voids form under the tile due to a poorly distributed solution, it may crack if the tile is laid on the floor. In addition, water can flow into it if the installation was carried out in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
In addition, there are other errors when working with tiles. For example, when a tile is bought end-to-end, it may simply not be enough, because you need to make a margin for scrap and an error when gluing.
With a normal layout, you need to buy tiles with a margin of 10%, with a diagonal of 15%. This will avoid such cases that literally a few pieces were missing, and the party was already over.
What else you need to know when laying tiles
Tiles of different sizes also look ugly. Since there will be large gaps between the tiles, which will lead to further coloring of the solution.
The surface where the tiles are laid must be flat and well prepared. It must be cleaned of plaster and other irregularities, otherwise the tile will quickly disappear.
If the place of installation is incorrectly selected, then the trim will be striking. In the bathroom, tiles are laid on the walls from the second row from the bottom up, on pre-aligned walls.
When working with tiles, be sure to use dividers. They will allow you to lay out the picture, beautifully making the seams uniform.
You can order a tile layout when buying tiles. This is the paper on which the piece layout on the surface will be drawn. This will allow you not to go to the masters constantly, monitoring the correctness of the work.
Do not save when choosing specialists for styling. An experienced master will never save on the quality of tile laying, glue, mortar, as he knows that he will have to redo all the work again.
The main thing is that the owner of the premises understands that any savings can come sideways.
You can even purchase a special primer with an antiseptic so that mold does not accumulate there. It is better to choose an epoxy grout. It, unlike cement, is resistant to moisture. Therefore, this option will last longer.
You can save by buying tiles on sale, choosing partial wall decoration or replacing it with a mirror, if it successfully fits into the interior.
Do you know why you can not save on a solution for laying tiles? Share your experience in the comments.