The humidity indicator displays the degree (level) of air saturation by evaporation. It is relative and absolute. When using a concept such as the norm, the relative humidity level in residential premises is implied. This parameter actually determines the favorable microclimate in the apartment.
Consider what should be the norm, 3 ways to determine the level of humidity and humidity control at home.
Humidity in the living room should be an average of 40-60%. Of course, the humidity level directly depends on the purpose of the room:
- In the hallway, bathroom, living room, kitchen, the humidity norm is 40-60%.
- In the bedrooms 40-50%.
- In children, in the range of 45-60%.
- In an office or room where there are many books 30-40%.
It should be noted that many factors influence the rate of humidity, for example:
- change of seasons (respectively climate);
- frequent changes in atmospheric conditions;
- building materials from which walls or external and internal decoration are erected;
- the room has a heater or air conditioning system;
- the number and of course the size of the windows;
- the presence of plants or a large aquarium.
3 methods to measure humidity
To determine the microclimate in the apartment, you can use special devices or improvised means.
Air humidity can be controlled by a hygrometer. It is very easy to handle. There are 3 types of appliances on sale:
- Wireless. It takes air measurements in several places at the same time; when the moisture rises / falls, it turns on a warning signal.
- Digital (from the network). Measures humidity and air temperature immediately in 2 rooms.
- Hair. The simplest and most reliable type of hygrometer. Range of measurement of humidity is 0-100%. In this case, you just need to hang it on the wall.
A glass of water.
The main element is cold water no higher than 3-40C. Pour into a regular glass cup 100-120 ml of cold water. Refrigerate for approximately 2–3 hours. After that, take out the glass, transfer it to the living room and put it away from the heating devices. Just watch:
Spruce to help.
- Norm. The outer wall of the glass remains fogged for at least 10 minutes.
- Brute force. In 10 minutes. condensation drains in large drops.
- Deficit. In 10 minutes. the condensate is completely dry.
There are 2 options here.
- Bring the usual fir cone into the room and place it away from the heat source. With an excessively dry microclimate in the room, the flakes of the cone will open. And with high humidity, the cone will be tightly compressed.
- Fasten the cleaned spruce twig 25-30 cm further from the heat source at one end. If the moisture level is exceeded, then the free end of the twig will fall down.
The microclimate is an extremely important parameter. After all, it is humidity that affects the comfort and well-being of residents. Actually, maintaining relative humidity is not as difficult as it seems.
How to lower:
- ventilate the rooms at least 2 times a day for 10-15 minutes;
- install exhaust fans;
- use dehumidifiers;
- refuse to dry the wash in the rooms.
How to increase:
- put an aquarium;
- periodically spray curtains / curtains with water;
- carry out wet cleaning regularly (especially at night);
- grow indoor plants.