Wall plastering is one of the most common types of repair work. If the work is carried out correctly and all the rules are observed, then the result will be a quality coating of the walls.
But it happens that over time, such defects appear on the surface as: dutiks, cracks, or flakes on the plaster.
Do not panic. In this article, we consider the causes of such defects, how to fix it and how to plaster walls correctly.
Such troubles can arise for various reasons. And in order not to encounter such problems, it is necessary to take some preventive measures.
- Dutics. On the surface they appear in the form of swollen places, in the middle a distinct yellow spot appears. Such a problem appears if the solution was prepared on lime, which was not completely extinguished. To avoid dutik on the plaster, freshly slaked lime must be filtered through a fine sieve.
- Shrinkage cracks. Such "troubles" appear on the walls if the solution was poorly mixed. In order to avoid the formation of large and small cracks, it is necessary to strictly observe all dosages when preparing the solution and mix everything thoroughly.
- Fooling or swelling. Such a plaster defect appears if the mixture was applied to a damp wall or the plastered surface did not dry out well.
These are not all defects that may occur. To avoid such problems, it is enough to follow all the rules for plastering.
Before you start the main process, you need to prepare the surface. First you need:
- remove old wallpaper or painted areas;
- remove old plaster;
- if there are bitumen stains on the walls, then these places need to be completely cleaned;
- if necessary, make minor wall repairs;
Before applying the plaster, the walls should be well cleaned, if the surface is smooth, it makes sense to apply a small notch. This is necessary for a good adhesion of the solution. Well, do not forget about the thorough primer of the entire area.
Do you know where the "dutiks" come from on the walls? Share your experience in the comments.