Using plaster beacons, it is more convenient to apply the solution. Thus, it will be possible to avoid unevenness during installation.
Lighthouses play the role of decorative elements, which are recommended to be placed in rooms of a large area.
However, buying finished products is optional. How to make home-made lighthouses for plastering walls will be discussed in today's article.
Features of homemade lighthouses
Products made from plaster mortar have a number of advantages:
- Tight to the surface of the wall. The manufacture of such a product excludes the possibility of its arbitrary dismantling during the work.
- It is located exactly along the wall.
- It has good performance, durability and reliability.
- A wide range of heights at which you can set this item.
How to make a homemade lighthouse. Step-by-step instruction
To complete the task it is necessary to follow the algorithm:
1) Dilute the plaster. This will require a deep capacity. At the initial stage, it is recommended to breed no more than two kilograms of the mixture. Subsequently, this volume can be increased if necessary.
2) Prepare the walls. The surface must be thoroughly cleaned and primed.
3) In the upper part of the wall, draw a line along which the mortar is laid. The mixture is poured over the label. It is important to maintain uniformity of application.
4) Roll up the beacons from the stucco mixture, reminiscent of the shape of ordinary beacons. Strengthen the elements by heating them.
Note! The use of makeshift beacons is financially disadvantageous. They take a huge amount of the mixture. Thus, it is better to buy ready-made items in a hardware store.
Other types of makeshift beacons
There are several types of alignment elements that you can do yourself:
- Using a corner made of metal. An item of appropriate sizes is cut from this element, which can be regarded as a beacon.
- Products that are made of a metal profile for drywall.
Additional Information! Products for plastering walls can also be made from other improvised means without loss of quality.
On the Internet there are a huge number of videos, which describe in detail the process of their production. For example, even wooden bars are suitable for this purpose.
Thus, plastering the walls is easier to perform on lighthouses, which, as practice shows, can be done on their own. This procedure does not require a person's experience and serious skills in the field of repair work.
Therefore, even a beginner will cope with the task. This article presented the basic methods for their manufacture.
Are you ready to listen to the recommendations outlined above? Have you had to plaster walls on lighthouses? Share your opinion in the comments. Remember, a responsible approach to business is the key to the best result.