Nowadays, the construction market is constantly receiving more and more effective and modern types of insulation materials for insulation. Such diversity can confuse a person who needs to choose material for his home.
However, now, according to many experts, such a material as isolon may have the best thermal insulation properties. This means of insulation appeared not so long ago, but very quickly managed to gain popularity among specialists and ordinary citizens.
Technical Properties and Performance
So Isolon is a building material that is made from specially processed polyethylene. The material has a cellular structure; in addition, aluminum foil is often applied to it for a better thermal insulation effect. This can significantly improve the performance of the material.
Now Isolon is available in the form of rolls, blocks, tapes and sheets. This arrangement makes it easy to transport the material and apply it at various points and parts of the house.
Technical characteristics of Isolon
Among the main parameters of this material is especially worth noting:
- Thickness, which can vary from 2 to 100 mm.
- Sound-absorbing properties reach 68%.
- The density of the material is 19-200 kg / m square.
- The heat-reflecting parameters reach 95-97%.
- The material can be operated at temperatures that range from -80 to +80 degrees Celsius.
Thus, it should be said that this type of insulation has excellent operational parameters, which allows specialists to use it for decoration of both private houses and office premises and production workshops.
Where isolon is used
Today, the main scope of this material is the construction and repair of buildings. In addition, some types of isolon are used in manufacturing and engineering. In some cases, Isolon is combined with other materials like polystyrene.
Thus, it is possible to significantly increase the thermal insulation of a particular object. Here are some areas where isolon is most commonly used:
- Sound insulation, as well as insulation of foundations, roofs, walls of residential premises and offices. If we talk about the use in private homes, then using the isolon, some owners insulate annexes, a garage, sheds and other household structures. Also, with its help, sports halls, swimming pools are finished with ice rinks (indoor).
- In addition, Isolon is used in the construction of baths and saunas. Indeed, thanks to this material, it is possible to perfectly retain heat inside the steam room.
- With the help of the isolon, it is also possible to insulate pipes inside the heating mains.
- He is also laid on the base of the house thus creating a thermal pillow.
Application of isolon without special rubber paint
Now, in most cases, the depleted isolon is treated with special rubber paint. It has properties that increase the life of the isolon and increase its operational characteristics. However, you can do without such paint instead, it uses a special type of film, which also allows you to protect the isolon from external influences.
However, before you start laying this material, the owner of the house still needs to decide which method of finishing the isolon is best suited in a particular case.
Do you know how to do without rubber paint for Isolon? Share your experience in the comments.