Installation of a rack ceiling is a very time-consuming process that requires certain skills from a person.
The features of this design will be discussed in today's article.
Before starting work, it will be necessary to make the necessary calculations, to calculate the distributed load of the individual elements.
It is unlikely that a beginner will be able to do this. You will also need to align all the walls in the room.
What will be needed for work
The rack ceiling consists of the following elements:
1) Reiki. Plasterboard panels are usually used, which have increased wear resistance to mechanical damage.
2) Traverse. This device, due to which the rail is fixed in a predetermined position.
3) Profile. Mounted over the entire ceiling area.
4) Suspension. It is intended for fastening of a traverse with laths.
Additional Information! In the process, tools may be involved: a hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, construction level, improvised devices.
How to install a rack ceiling correctly. Step-by-step instruction
The implementation of the task can be entrusted only to professionals. A beginner installer will have to read a lot of literature, watch a video. It will take a lot of time.
The rack ceiling is a suspended type construction. It is necessary to proceed to its installation at the final stage of repair, when the main finishing work has already been completed.
In this procedure, several stages are distinguished:
1) Marking is applied to the surface of the ceiling. Its presence seriously simplifies further actions. Then the supporting profile is mounted. To fix it, you will need dowels. When twisting, it is recommended to maintain a step of at least 30 cm.
2) Next is the suspension. These elements can be attached to the main structure using self-tapping screws. Then stringers are stacked. At the same time, it is recommended to maintain a gap of 5 mm between them. This will help to avoid future distortion.
3) We proceed to the installation of drywall panels (racks). Before mounting the rails, you need to cut it off by measuring the room. Elements that are mounted along the edges of the ceiling often have to be cut off due to uneven corners. When performing a cut, you need to consider the width of the plinth, which will subsequently be attached to the ceiling.
Note! Before mounting rails, measure the distance between adjacent walls. The length of the panels should be a few millimeters shorter than this value.
4) At this stage, the rails are fixed on the traverse by clicking on a special mechanism. In most cases, the width of the side panels has to be deliberately reduced. This fact is caused by the unevenness of the walls.
5) At the final stage, it is necessary to fix the rails using the transverse beam.
Thus, the installation of a rack ceiling is a difficult task. Are you ready to use the services of professionals to save your time? Tell us about it in the comments.