Furniture arrangement is not an easy task, especially for small-sized apartments. Unfortunately, there are not as many worthy options as we would like. What to do?
As a rule, each dwelling has certain features, it is regrettable that property owners often do not take them into account when making them. In order not to make gross errors, use the simple rules of convenient furniture arrangement in a small apartment, which are used by professional interior designers.
Corner layout when the headset is located on two connecting walls. This can be considered a universal solution for decorating a small kitchen. This technique allows you to arrange household appliances at approximately the same distance and leave enough space for the dining area. However, there are exceptions, for example:
- You want to use the windowsill (to make a countertop, a bar) then it is better to choose a U-shaped set.
- When the kitchen is elongated, that is, the meaning of the parallel layout, i.e. divided into specific zones: cooking, “wet” washing and storage.
- A linear layout is very appropriate for a small studio apartment or your room has narrow and elongated parameters. In such cases, it is advisable to arrange the furniture along a long wall.
Important! It is highly not recommended - to put the dining table in the corner of the room, as it will fit half as many people. Therefore, it is better to choose a round small table or consider options for a folding tabletop.
Taboo large sofas
If you have a small apartment, then abandon the fashionable corner large sofas. Yes, this is unexpected advice, but:
- Such furniture occupies most of the useful space. Therefore, a set of a direct sofa and 2 armchairs is best suited here. Such a solution is the most functional and practical, because chairs can be periodically moved to other places, thereby creating new living areas.
- A great option for a little odnushka - a transformer (wardrobe, bed, sofa). Thus, you will be able to create several functional zones at once.
Walkways and no nightstands
In a small bedroom literally every centimeter counts!
- Set the bed so that there are walkways. This is extremely important in terms of comfort. Agree - to change the bed or climb over an already sleeping person, to put it mildly, the pleasure is not the best.
- Also, it makes no sense at the bed to take the place of stationary bedside tables. Replace them (her) with a small desk, chest of drawers or a decorative mobile trolley.
- A great option is a convertible bed for very small bedrooms.
No bunk beds
Small children's rooms are tempting to install a stationary bunk bed in order to save space. But:
- If there is a shortage of space from furniture, it is better to choose a transformer. A bunk bed can be folded into a wardrobe during the day (there are options: a bed-wardrobe-table), freeing up the territory.
Convenient storage system
In a small apartment there is no need to install bulky wardrobes. Ideal storage systems around the bed or sofa. Such a product is best done on order, as the dimensions of the main furniture and the capacity of the hanging cabinets will be taken into account as much as possible.