The wireless light switch is a multifunctional device that allows you to control the lighting equipment in the house by transmitting a signal. Connecting such a device does not require complex construction work on cable laying, and can also be carried out in any convenient place for use.
The design of the wireless switch includes a receiver and a transmitter. Both nodes have their own purpose and functionality that ensures the operation of the device.
The principle of operation is that the radio-controlled type relay, by capturing the signal, performs the closure of the galvanic circuit of the wiring. As a rule, it is installed directly near the device or in the vicinity. Management can be carried out not only using the remote control, but also through a mobile device via WI-FI.
By the type of control, three types of wireless switches for different devices are distinguished:
- For electronic devices;
- For touch control modules;
- For devices equipped with a control panel.
Advantages and disadvantages
Considering the wireless type of the switch, one cannot but compare it with a traditional wired analogue. Unlike a classic switch, a wireless device depends on the stability of the WIFI signal. Its interference or poor transmission can interfere with the operation of the device. In general, a modern wireless switch has established itself as a reliable and technologically advanced mechanism with a wide range of advantages:
- Simple installation that does not require construction work;
- The ability to simultaneously control multiple lighting fixtures;
- Long range range. Some models are capable of transmitting a radio signal at a distance reaching 350 meters;
- Operational safety. The device requires a minimum amount of operating current, which makes it non-hazardous even with careless use or violation of the integrity of the structure.
The wireless light switch is a modern, high-tech device with wide functionality. Its capabilities are in many ways superior to traditional electrical switches not only in terms of safety, but also in its ability to interact with several devices at the same time.