Rough walls are often found not only in apartments, but also in residential buildings. Giving them an even look is not easy. It is for this reason that people are forced to use the services of qualified craftsmen. The negative side of this decision is the high cost.
To save money, you can resort to a more budgetary way to resolve the issue. For example, choose the appropriate wallpaper. Unfortunately, not many people know which types of wallpaper are able to hide the existing flaws of the walls, and which are likely to emphasize them.
First of all, let's consider what should be excluded in the structure or color of the wallpaper so that the curvature of the walls does not become more pronounced:
- Strict patterns with clear geometry. Straight lines are particularly distinguished by their unevenness.
- Monotonous shades of light and bed tones will contribute to the expressiveness of all hollows and ledges.
- Thin wallpaper material can even display roughnesses, you can not even talk about more significant shortcomings. Almost all paper-based wallpapers have this property.
- The combination of a thin base with geometric ornaments. In the presence of defects, the pattern may not converge or give in to deformation, which will significantly distort the entire surface.
- The monotonous use of a pink, sand or salad palette especially clearly reflects the unevenness of the walls. Practice shows that these colors tend to visually convey unevenness more than others.
In the process of selecting wallpapers for pasting a room with uneven walls, it is advisable to pay special attention to the thickness of the roll. As a rule, wallpapers with good thickness are folded into a roll of a wider diameter.
Preference should be given to such basics as: vinyl, non-woven, natural or from multilayer paper. Wallpapers that have these basics are best able to mask all the flaws present on the wall.
When deciding on a choice, it is worth considering the type of surface. Gloss, due to its reflective property, will also be a poor helper in hiding defects. It is better to give preference to opaque options.
Rough walls are found not only in the apartments of old prefabricated houses, but also quite common in new buildings. If the existing flaw is too obvious, the best solution to eliminate it will of course be the use of plaster. If this is not possible or if you want to try to solve the problem with less effort, you should think about purchasing a wallpaper of a higher price category. As a rule, expensive wallpapers are thick enough to hide most wall defects.