It is a well-known fact that a room such as a bathroom has the highest humidity level compared to other rooms. Wet clothes, and especially towels, help to keep this humidity constant. To solve this problem, it is recommended to use special devices - a heated towel rail. It contributes not only to the quick drying of things, but also to a decrease in the level of humidity in the room as a whole. But before you install this device, you need to figure out which type is suitable for the bathroom, and which one is not.
Types of heated towel rails
For bathrooms, it is customary to use two main types of heated towel rails - water and electric. They have the same tasks, consisting in the following:
- The implementation of drying clothes or towels;
- Additional room heating;
- They also help to reduce the level of condensate and fogging of glasses.
A quality heated towel rail should have all the qualities presented.
The main working function of a heated towel rail is a source of hot water. There is no constant circulation of water, respectively, there is no heat. Such a dryer can be mounted both to the central water supply and to the heating system. Both options provide him with uninterrupted operation, for which you will not pay anything.
The negative sides of the water device:
- There is no possibility to adjust the heating level;
- Limited installation space. Basically, the basing of such a heated towel rail occurs in close proximity to the hot water pipes;
- High probability of leaks;
- It has a short service life. Due to the poor quality of the water in the central heating, the thin tubes of the dryer very quickly become coated and clog over time. You will often have to repair or completely replace the device.
The electric heated towel rail is devoid of all the disadvantages that are inherent in the water version. This dryer can be placed on any wall of the bathroom. It has a heating adjustment function. The dryer is independent of the presence or absence of hot water.
The only thing is the placement of the outlet to ensure the operability of the device. It is necessary to take care of this in advance.
Based on the information provided, it is recommended to purchase an electric version of the heated towel rail for the bathroom. This way you will ensure not only a high level of comfort, but also protect yourself from the problems associated with the water device.